Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Kiss, Do The Mermaid and Sinful Colors In The Spotlight.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Hello lovely people!!! I have another armature post for all of you, and again, I plead that you are patient with me on this blogging thing. I promise to take better quality pictures of my nails and nail polish. I’m thinking of building a light box tomorrow since I have the afternoon off, and am looking for a better camera.

Anyways…. Todays mani is brought to you by my awesome boyfriend. I had tagged him on an Instagram picture someone posted about the new Deborah Lippmann Mermaid Collection. I told him I “HAD TO HAVE THEM” because I didn’t have any DL or any kind of polish like it. I came home last week to a bag on the bed from Nordstrom’s, and in the bag were two Debra Lippmann’s and the Chanel Holiday I already reviewed. I was beyond ecstatic when I opened the bag and saw what was inside.

Last night after coming home from another 13 hour shift, I decided to give these babies a go. I had something awesome planned but I was too tiered and a bit cranky to crank out something amazing. Eh it is what it is, lost my inspiration by the time I got my base coat on lol. Here are the 3 polishes I used for this mani.


The first is Mermaid’s Kiss, this polish is a slight milky base with tones, of blush, dusty pink, gold and a sort of raspberry tone to it. I could not get a good shot of the vast dimension of color this thing gives off. Even though it is a glitter shimmer polish, it took two coats to get a solid opaque look. The formula and glitter glide on with ease and isn’t chunky or sharp like I have noticed with some micro shimmer polish.






The next polish is also a part of the Mermaid Collection called Do The Mermaid. This is also a slight milky base with lavender glitter, and silver micro shimmer. I recommend 3 coat to get a nice opaque look with this polish, or using a similar shade as a base coat. My favorite color is purple, so this is my favorite of the bunch.







The last polish was suppose to be a substitute for the original Mermaid’s Dream since I don’t own it YET, but I found that the glitter was bigger and the formula was jam packed with micro shimmer but didn’t have a milky base. This is Sinful Colors In The Spotlight from their almost Famous/ Paparazzi collection. (check them out here on Nouveau Cheap) It has a green micro shimmer with dusty pink, orange, gold, silver, and a sea green tiny glitter. Love the color, but no milky base so I recommend a nice base color to go with this. They say this is a close dupe to China Glaze Optical Illusion.







The next two pictures are just shots of the actual mani. I tried making my own back drop at work with two sheets of paper lol.




0 comments:

Post a Comment