Stringing/ Sugar Spun nails with Gold flakes.

Thursday, May 23, 2013
Hello there readers, today I have a nail art type post. I have been seeing this nail polish technique resurface on instagram so I wanted to do a mani with it.

When I first heard about it, it was called “Stinging.” What you do is put a few drops on polish on a piece of paper and wait for it to get thick and stringy, then dip a toothpick or dotting tool and pull the stringy nail polish on to your nails. Here is a link to Hookedonpolish31’s Youtube video on the Stringing technique.

I’ve done this type of mani before some time last year and decided to give it another try. Now people are calling it “Sugar Spun” mani. Here is a Youtube video by KatStaysPolished on how to do the Sugar Spun mani.

I decided to use this SinfulShine GelTech polish in Dark room and a Wet n Wild Chrome polish in A Show at the Palladium.






I knew I wanted to add another element to my mani so I decided to add some gold leaf foil to it. I got this stuff at Michael’s some time ago, and use it for nail art. The way you apply it is real simple. Let your basecoat dry then take a few pieces of the foil and attach them with a drop of clear top coat. Then once you have placed all of the ones you want, seal it with a top coat.



Here is the end result. I added a top coat to the Sugar Spun nails so my mani could last longer. I recommend not adding one so you can see the effect of the technique, but I knew I wasn’t going to have time to do my nails in a few days… so the top coat was a MUST for me.





Hope all of you like!

0 comments:

Post a Comment